Here is what some of our clients have to say about our work:
"Angela, you are awesome. I loved working with you and I tell everyone who will listen if they head to your part of the world they need to hire you. Your work on this film is demonstrable and felt throughout. You added color and character and authenticity, sometimes even all three in one person! Thank you for your tireless work." - Ben Younger, Director of Bleed for This
"Given a choice between shooting a movie in Boston or an anonymous back lot, David O. Russell says the decision is simple: He’ll pick the Hub. There are many reasons Russell enjoys working in Boston, and local casting director Angela Peri is one of them. “I love her. I can get whatever I need,” he says. "- Boston Globe (06.23.13)
"Angela and Lisa, I wanted to write to say thanks for another great year for our German TV movie project, Katie Fforde Presents. I know that Boston Casting does some really BIG productions … but I always felt like we were getting the same great service the big productions are getting." - Paul Van Wormer
Celebrating 25 years in business in September of 2016, Boston Casting is the largest casting company in New England. Boston Casting specializes in casting principal roles and extras for feature films, commercials, industrials, web videos, voice overs and reality television shows. With over 85,000 union and non-union actors in the company’s online database, including children and special ability actors, plus 7 casting directors, an extras casting department, 2 studios and the option of a downtown Boston studio (at Motion Cyc Studio - 162 Columbus Avenue), Boston Casting excels at finding just the right talent and arranging the perfect ensembles.
Angela Peri, C.S.A., is the owner, and founder of Boston Casting is a member of the Casting Society of America and a founding member of the Massachusetts Production Coalition. Having cast hundreds of national, regional and local productions from feature films to commercials and industrials, Angela has worked with many of the nation’s top directors, advertising agencies and production companies. Recent credits include THE FINEST HOURS, JOY, AMERICAN HUSTLE, THE JUDGE, THE EQUALIZER, LABOR DAY, TED 2 and the Academy Award® nominated film THE FIGHTER. An active member of the community, Angela also lends her expertise to organizations and events related to autism.
Personalized Services Include:
- Instant uploads using EcoCast, recognized by The Casting Society of America as the preferred online upload system
- Live video feed of casting session (via Skype)
- Field casting for real people
- On-set talent wrangling
- Online searchable database
Awards & Nominations
Boston Casting Awards:
- Nominated for five Artios Awards from the Casting Society of America for JOY, TED, AMERICAN HUSTLE, THE FIGHTER & THE PROPOSAL.
- Academy Award® nominated films AMERICAN HUSTLE (Best Picture, Director) & THE FIGHTER (Best Picture, Director)
Personal Awards for Angela Peri:
- Recipient of the 2009 Imaginaire Award for her vast contributions to the New England production community
- An Italian-American, Angela received 2014 I Migliori in Mens et Gesta Award from the Pirandello Lyceum for her important contributions to her profession, society, and the community
- Recipient of the 2015 Italian-American of the Year Award from the Madonna Dilla Sacoroso Society
- Recipient of the 2013 President’s Award from The Federation of Children with Special Needs
- Recipient of the 2008 Margaret Bowman Award for an outstanding parent in the autism community.